Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Oregon House of Representatives District 17|
Harisay ran for election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 17. Harisay was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Sherrie Sprenger (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sherrie Sprenger Incumbent||69.7%||18,118|
Harisay's campaign website listed several main issues with links to his articles on the Marion County Democrat's homepage:
- The Importance of Corporate Personhood: "In their original incarnation Corporations were chartered for a specific purpose and when that purpose was achieved, the Corporation was dissolved. Any infraction of laws or abuse of privileges granted led to dissolution. We must return to that level of control over corporations."
- Healthcare: "Most people think that heart disease, diabetes, or cancer are the biggest killers and maimers in the U.S. if not the world. However, there is a far larger cause of death in the U.S.; bigger than all of the above, far bigger than war, far bigger than accidents, far bigger than toxic wastes. That killer, maimer, destroyer of people's lives is CORPORATE GREED. In the Healthcare field there is only one cure for this “disease”: SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION."
- Jobs: Why the Economy Continues to Get Worse: "It is very important that we close the door to manufacturers moving their operations to other countries where labor, regulations, and taxes are far more advantageous and produce a higher profit, but we have done little of this either. Jobs continue to leave the country. Much of this is directed toward setting the stage for bringing labor to its' knees in the United States as well as the rest of the world."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Harisay + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- Oregon Live Election, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- "The Key To The Recovery of Our Democracy," Richard Harisay
- "How To Cure Corporate Greed," Richard Harisay
- "The Economy Will Get Worse," Richard Harisay