|Nevada State Assembly District 4|
|2008 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Davis|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1966 – 1972|
|Date of birth||1943|
|Place of birth||Lake Forest, Illinois|
McArthur earned his B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Davis. He served as a Captain in the United States Air Force in Vietnam from 1966 to 1972. He is a retired special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McArthur served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McArthur served on these committees:
- Corrections, Parole, and Probation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Education Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Taxation Committee, Nevada Assembly
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
|Nevada State Senate, District 18 Republican Primary, 2012|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010, McArthur won election to the Nevada House of Representatives. He did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. McArthur defeated Gary Fisher (D) and Mark Andrews (Independent American) in the general election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 4 General election (2010)|
|Richard McArthur (R)||12,156|
|Gary Fisher (D)||9,536|
|Mark Andrews (I)||1,352|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2008
McArthur raised $61,510 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 4 (2008)|
|Richard McArthur (R)||13,740||49.30%|
|Brad Lee Barnhill||621||2.23%|
In 2010, a year in which McArthur was up for re-election, he collected $49,559 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to McArthur's 2010 campaign.
|Nevada Associated Services||$3,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Richard McArthur's 2008 campaign.
|Rural Republican PAC||$2,874|
|Assembly Republican Caucus||$2,550|
McArthur and his wife, Trish, have two children.
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + McArthur + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Richard McArthur
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Richard McArthur," accessed November 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions to Richard McArthur," accessed November 24, 2014
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Assembly District 4
| Succeeded by|
Michele Fiore (R)