Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona House of Representatives District 13|
|1998-2002, January 10, 2011-February, 2012|
|Senate Minority Whip, Arizona State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Arizona State Senate|
|High school||North Phoenix High School, 1974|
|Birthday||March 6, 1956|
|Place of birth||Phoenix, AZ|
|Profession||Migrant Health Director, Arizona Association of Community Health Centers|
Miranda received his diploma from North Phoenix High School in 1974.
Richard Miranda has worked as a legal manager for the Miranda Law Firm as well as a consultant. He also worked as an assistant to the Mayor of Phoenix. He currently works as the Executive Director for the Centro Adelante Campesino as well as the Migrant Health Director for the Arizona Association of Community Health Centers.
Miranda served in the Arizona State House of Representatives from 1999-2002. In 2002 he was elected to the Arizona State Senate where he currently serves. He has been the Senate Minority Whip since 2005.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Miranda served on these committees:
- Military Affairs and Public Safety Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Anna Tovar (D)||3,122|
|Richard Miranda (D)||3,184|
|Martin J. Quezada (D)||1,621|
In 2008 Miranda was re-elected to the Arizona State Senate, District 13. He ran unopposed and finished with 23,816 votes. Miranda raised $14,912 in campaign funds.
|Arizona State Senate, District 13|
|Richard Miranda (D)||23,816|
In 2010, Miranda raised $11,899 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|United Food & Commercial Workers Local 99||$1,664|
|Arizona Education Association||$1,000|
In 2008 Miranda raised $14,912 in campaign donations. His top five contributors are listed below.
|Food & Commercial Workers Local||$1,600|
|Arizona Education Association||$1,600|
|Grand Canyon State Electric Cooperative Association||$780|
|Arizona Medical Association||$500|
|Arizona Association of Realtors||$500|
See Richard Miranda's official website for a list of sponsored legislation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Miranda + Arizona + House" Richard Miranda News Feed
Miranda is divorced and has four children.
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Richard Miranda
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign donors
|Arizona House, District 13
| Succeeded by|
|Arizona State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|