Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 1|
Skare was a Democratic candidate for District 1 of the Wisconsin State Assembly. The primary election was on September 14, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010. Skare is presently Town Supervisor of the Town of Gibraltar.
Skare is the owner of The Cookery Restaurant in Fish Creek. He has served many community organizations, often holding leadership positions. He is the Founder/First President, Fish Creek Sanitary District #1.
Skare holds a B.S. in Economics from Minnesota State University.
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Wisconsin State Senate will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Dean Debroux is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Frank Lasee is unopposed in the Republican primary. Richard Skare (D) was removed from the ballot before the primary elections.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Skare ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 1. Skare was defeated by Republican incumbent Garey Bies in the general election on November 2, 2010. Skare was unopposed in Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 General Election (2010)|
|Garey Bies (R)||14,225|
|Richard Skare (D)||10,165|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Richard Skare (D)||1,866||99.73%|
Skare lists his positions about the following issues:
- Economy - Excerpt: ."..make sure that tax incentives for jobs creation are steered toward small businesses, not special interests."
- Education - Excerpt: ."..wants to help our rural schools with funding problems while keeping down property taxes and wants to find ways to keep good teachers here in our classrooms. "
- Health care - Excerpt: "He favors fixing access to quality healthcare by allowing businesses and hard working families to pool together to purchase economical insurance plans."
- Seniors - Excerpt: ."..providing home health care to seniors that allows them to stay in their homes, targeting resources toward rural areas where health services are less available. "
- Wind turbines - Excerpt: ."..wants the siting of wind turbines to be a locally controlled issue and wants to ensure that people affected by wind turbine siting are protected from corporate misinformation and misrepresentation through appropriate government regulation."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Skare + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin House of Representatives
- Wisconsin House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "List of Candidates for Wisconsin State Assembly in the November 2, 2010 election"
- Skare's profile on Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- JSOnline, "Fall 2010 general election results," November 2, 2010
- Government Accountability Board, Primary Election Results
- Skare's campaign website, issues section