Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 1|
Skare ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2010.
Skare holds a B.S. in Economics from Minnesota State University. He is the owner of The Cookery Restaurant in Fish Creek and has served many community organizations. He is the Founder/First President, Fish Creek Sanitary District #1. Skare is presently Town Supervisor of the Town of Gibraltar.
In 2012, Skare's website highlighted the following issues:
- Economy - Excerpt: "...make sure that tax incentives for jobs creation are steered toward small businesses, not special interests."
- Education - Excerpt: "...wants to help our rural schools with funding problems while keeping down property taxes and wants to find ways to keep good teachers here in our classrooms. "
- Health care - Excerpt: "He favors fixing access to quality healthcare by allowing businesses and hard working families to pool together to purchase economical insurance plans."
- Seniors - Excerpt: "...providing home health care to seniors that allows them to stay in their homes, targeting resources toward rural areas where health services are less available. "
- Wind turbines - Excerpt: "...wants the siting of wind turbines to be a locally controlled issue and wants to ensure that people affected by wind turbine siting are protected from corporate misinformation and misrepresentation through appropriate government regulation."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Dean Debroux ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Frank Lasee ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Lasee defeated Debroux in the general election. Richard Skare (D) was removed from the ballot before the primary elections.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Frank Lasee Incumbent||61.6%||47,438|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Skare ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 1. Skare was defeated by Republican incumbent Garey Bies in the general election on November 2, 2010. Skare was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 General Election (2010)|
|Garey Bies (R)||14,225|
|Richard Skare (D)||10,165|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 1 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Richard Skare (D)||1,866||99.73%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Richard + Skare + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin House of Representatives
- Wisconsin House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed July 30, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- JSOnline, "Fall 2010 general election results," November 2, 2010
- Government Accountability Board, "Primary Election Results," February 16, 2010