|Maryland State Senate, District 36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Maryland House of Delegates|
Sossi's professional experience includes owning The Ship & Soldier Shop and working as Department Manager of Montgomery Wards and as a realtor. Sossi served in the United States Navy.
Sossi is Chair of the Queen Anne's County Delegation, and a member of the Maryland Veterans Caucus, Task Force on Traffic Capacity Across the Chesapeake Bay, Bainbridge Development Advisory Board, Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, and the Maryland Rural Caucus.
- Environmental Matters
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation and Open Space
- Subcommittee on Housing and Real Property
- Subcommittee on Natural Resources
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Stephen Hershey, Jr. will face Richard Sossi in the Republican primary.
Sossi was defeated by Stephen Hershey, Jr. in the September 14 Republican primary. Sossi lost by a margin of 5,382 to 5,229.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 36|
|Richard Sossi (R)||19,450|
|Mary Walkup (R)||19,430|
|Michael Smigiel, Sr. (R)||17,764|
|Wheeler Baker (D)||16,950|
|Mark Guns (D)||15,475|
|Joan Horsey (D)||13,498|
|Joseph Sanchez (G)||4,137|
In 2006 Richard Sossi collected $35,882 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|O'Donnell-Shank Victory Fund||$1,000|
|R W Marsh Enterprises Inc.||$750|
|Mullin Appraisal Service||$750|
|Chesapeake Bay Beach Club||$750|
|Ellery Adams & The Rescue Team||$700|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Sossi + Maryland + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Richard Sossi
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Sossi
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates," accessed March 24, 2014
- 2006 contributors to Richard Sossi
|Maryland House of Delegates District 36
2003–January 12, 2011
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Hershey, Jr.
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |