For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 24|
|Master's||Seton Hall University|
|J.D.||Seton Hall University|
Tomko earned a Master's and Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Management and Policy from Seton Hall University. He is the Superintendent of Schools for the Elmwood Park Board of Education. Tomko also works as an instructor at Bergen Community College.
Tomko's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
"He understands first hand how the education funding formula affects learning, attributes to below adequacy spending, and how the current state of education in New Jersey is being dismantled by unfunded mandates and unattainable goals."
"There must be an increase in minimum wage to assist hard working, middle-class citizens support their families and decrease state poverty levels."
- Senior Citizens
"How will our senior citizens in the 24th continue to sustain an enjoyable and healthy retirement on a fixed income that has fallen victim to a 30% tax hike due to the abandonment of a senior tax freeze and healthy homestead rebate? Didn't seniors make an investment in their futures during their working years? Rich Tomko will be the seniors' voice in the 24th District, working hard to accommodate the needs of all citizens."
- Gun Rights
"Gun show loopholes and automatic assault rifles will not keep our children safe in times of crisis - nor will repealing laws like our current representatives want to that keep weapons away from identified persons on the terrorist watch list or in the hands of those unstable individuals who admit to wanting to hurt someone through weapons violence."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Tomko ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 24. Tomko was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Steven V. Oroho (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 24 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Steven Oroho Incumbent||70.4%||38,819|
|Democratic||Richard D. Tomko||29.6%||16,292|
Tomko and his wife, Jaimie, have four children. They currently reside in Sparta, New Jersey. Tomko is a committee member for the Bergen County Charity Classic Foundation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Tomko + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Official Superintendent Biography (dead link)
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- About Rich, Tomko for Senate," accessed May 15, 2013 (timed out)
- (timed out) The Issues, Tomko for Senate," accessed May 15, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013