|Former candidate for|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||April 15, 1959|
|Place of birth||Michigan City, Indiana|
Ludington's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Good Jobs. Rich Ludington has a plan to rebuild our economy with common-sense solutions that help working families and middle-class Hoosiers. He will provide help and additional training for workers, find ways to make small businesses more productive and make sure our tax dollars are helping create and keep jobs right here in Indiana, not in other countries.
Good Schools. A seven-year member of the Rensselaer School Board, Rich Ludington will be a fighter for public schools, students and teachers. He understands that we need to provide the resources and opportunities to educate our children and prepare them for the jobs of the future. Rich will work to reverse the destructive policies of the past two years that threaten our education system.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Richard W. "Rich" Ludington was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Douglas L. Gutwein was unopposed in the Republican primary. Gutwein defeated Ludington in the general election.
|Indiana House of Representatives 16, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Douglas L. Gutwein Incumbent||64.4%||9,313|
|Democratic||Richard W. "Rich" Ludington||35.6%||5,137|
Ludington ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 16. Ludington defeated John Malan in the May 8 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Douglas L. Gutwein (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Douglas Gutwein Incumbent||59%||14,409|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2012|
In 2014, Ludington's endorsements include:
- Nancy Dembowski (D), former state representative
- Laborers' Local 41
- Steven Wood, mayor of Rensselaer
- Pipe Fitters Association Local 597
- IBEW Local 531
- United Association Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 172
- Boilermakers Local 374
- Millwrights Local 1076
- O.P.C.M.I.A. Local 692
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Richard + Ludington + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House of Representatives District 16
- Indiana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Indiana General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Richard Ludington on Facebook
- Richard Ludington on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Friends of Rich Ludington, homepage, accessed April 25, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Friends of Rich Ludington, "Endorsements," accessed April 25, 2014
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |