Richfield Township recall, Michigan, 2010
Targeted officials include: township clerk Pam Scott, township treasurer Judy Scroggin and trustees Tula Alexander and Pete Rieli. A separate recall effort targets Richfield Township Supervisor Jerry Campbell.
The petition for recall was submitted to Roscommon County Clerk Ann Bonk on November 5, 2009 for verification of signatures. If the petition is validated, the election could take place in February 2010.
On June 18, the Roscommon County Election Commission rejected the language on previous petitions to recall the four Richfield Township officials. On July 7 residents filed a second petition to recall the officials. However, on July 20, the county clerk’s Office again rejected the recall proposal.
On July 21, 2009 Janet Kozak, a township resident, filed recall language against four Richfield Township officials. This marks the third recall attempt against the four officials. Previously, on July 15, a third attempt was made to recall township supervisor Jerry Campbell.
Like, the four township officials facing a third recall attempt by residents, supervisor Campbell is also facing a third recall attempt.
- The Houghton Lake Resorter, "Richfield recall petitions may circulate, panel rules," August 6,2009
- Roscommon County Herald-News,"Richfield Township supervisor reports threat to Sheriff Department," July 27, 2009
- The Houghton Lake Resorter, "Richfield recall petitions submitted," November 12, 2009
- The Houghton Lake Resorter,"Four Richfield officials targeted again for recall," accessed July 28, 2009
- Roscommon County Herald-News,"Third proposed recall petition filed against four Richfield Township officials," July 21, 2009
- Roscommon County Herald-News,"Another attempt against Campbell filed after second petition rejected," July 15, 2009