|Wisconsin State Senate, District 18|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gudex served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Local Government, Chair|
|• Government Operations, Public Works, and Telecommunications, Chair|
|• Universities and Technical Colleges|
|• Information Policy and Technology|
On his campaign website, Gudex outlined the following three issues:
- Building a “Jobs-First” Business Climate: "over the last 10-15 years, the private sector has been under attack. Job-killing tax hikes and an increasingly hostile environment for job creators have made the effects of the national recession even worse in our state."
- Control Taxes, Control Spending: "don’t spend what you don’t have, work to keep the tax burden low, and don’t push deficits into the future for someone else to deal with. I will work to end wasteful spending by our state government, and if budgetary challenges arise, I won’t “take the easy way out.”
- Family Values: "I believe in parental accountability and that it is the duty of parents, not the government, to raise children so that they can achieve their full potential. As a society, we should be there to support that effort. We must reverse the slow erosion of the Wisconsin family unit, and ensure that educational opportunities of many different shapes and sizes are available to parents who strive each day to do what’s best for the next generation."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2012
Gudex won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Senate, District 18. Gudex ran unopposed in the August 14th primary and defeated incumbent Jessica King (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Unofficial results showed Gudex leading King by under 600 votes. King initially refused to concede the election, but finally did on November 13.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jessica King Incumbent||49.6%||42,479|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rick + Gudex + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Local legislators back state Foodshare bill - Fond du Lac Reporter
- "Issue Ad" Charade by American Federation for Children Uncovered in Wisconsin - PR Watch
- Voucher school lobby accused of expense violations - UW Badger Herald
- Gudex fields criticism of school voucher program support - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Editorial: Thumbs Up and Down (video) - Appleton Post Crescent
- State Debate: WEDC, online sales tax, highway construction delays get ... - 77Square.com
- GOP pushes for voucher school expansion - UW Badger Herald
- New Charges Brought Against Fond du Lac Man - Kfiz
- Bars move forward to sue underage patrons - UW Badger Herald
- Pedestrian Hit By Oshkosh Police Car - Kfiz
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Jessica King (D)
|Wisconsin State Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|