|Georgia State Senate District 17|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Clayton College and State University|
Jeffares served as City Manager of Locust Grove, GA from 2001 to 2008 and on the Henry County Board of Commissioners from 2008 to 2010.
Jeffares earned his B.A.S. in Technology Management at Clayton College and State University. His professional experience includes owning J&T Environmental Services, which provides water management and wastewater treatment services.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jeffares served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ethics, Chair|
|• Natural Resources and the Environment, Vice Chair|
|• Economic Development|
|• Regulated Industries and Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jeffares served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State and Local Governmental Operations, Vice Chair|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Natural Resources and the Environment|
|• Regulated Industries and Utilities|
|• Veterans, Military and Homeland Security|
On his campaign website, Jeffares listed five issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "Potential business is being lost to places with a much freer flow of traffic. Rick will make it a top priority to ease the traffic burden by advocating for needed transportation projects for the district."
- Excerpt: "Rick will work to create the proper environment for maximum potential from our students, by providing them with the best teachers and resources available."
- Excerpt: "As a water engineer and Vice President of the Georgia Rural Water Association, Rick has years of experience in providing homes and business with a supply of water."
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "As a true conservative, Rick supports a truly limited government. Rick applauds the efforts made by the General Assembly this past Session to cut nearly 12.5% from fiscal year 2009’s budget."
- Protecting the 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "As an avid hunter and member of the NRA, Rick will fight to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. The 2nd Amendment allows us, as law-abiding citizens, to enjoy the outdoors and protect our families."
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Richard M. Jeffares was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Jeffares ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 17. Jeffares ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012, and defeated Democratic candidate Nelva Lee in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Rick Jeffares Incumbent||62.8%||47,069|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
| Georgia State Senate, District 17 |
2010 General election results
|Rick Jeffares (R)||45,327||64.1%|
|Jim Nichols (D)||25,432||35.9%|
Jeffares came in first in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 17 - Republican Primary (2010)|
|Ester Fleming, Jr.||4,898||25.2%|
This necessitated a runoff between Jeffares and Hilton on August 10, which Jeffares easily won.
|Georgia State Senate, District 17 - Republican Primary Runoff (2010)|
Comprehensive donor information for Jeffares is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Jeffares raised a total of $213,259 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 22, 2013.
|Rick Jeffares's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State Senate, District 17||$109,463|
|2010||Georgia State Senate, District 17||$103,796|
|Grand Total Raised||$213,259|
2012Jeffares won re-election to the Georgia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jeffares raised a total of $109,463.
|Georgia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Jeffares's campaign in 2012|
|Gaston J Glock Style Lp||$3,000|
|Friends of Tommie Williams||$3,000|
|Casey Cagle for Lieutenant Governor||$2,500|
|Georgia Republican Senatorial Trust||$2,500|
|Cowsert for Senate||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$109,463|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Jeffares won election to the Georgia State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Jeffares raised a total of $103,796.
|Georgia State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rick Jeffares's campaign in 2010|
|Eagles Brooke Country Club||$4,485|
|Newman, J Clay||$2,500|
|Friends for Chip Rogers||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$103,796|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Jeffares and his wife, Leslie, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rick + Jeffares + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rick Jeffares official campaign website
- Rick Jeffares on the Georgia State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Rick Jeffares campaign website, "Issues"
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Slate of Georgia Officials Back Newt Gingrich for President," December 13, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official Results of the Tuesday, August 10, 2010 General Primary Election"
- followthemoney.org, "Jeffares, Rick," accessed August 22, 2013
|Georgia Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|