|Arkansas House of Representatives District 24|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He is a retired educator.
Saunders did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Education Committee, Arkansas House
- House Rules Committee, Arkansas House
- State Agencies and Governmental Affairs Committee, Arkansas House (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Early Childhood
- Subcommittee on Special Language
Saunders's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1032 - "AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF CHARITABLE BINGO AND RAFFLES."
- HB 1485 - "AN ACT TO AMEND ARKANSAS LAW CONCERNING THE POWERS AND DUTIES OF ELECTION OFFICIALS AND ELECTION OFFICERS."
- HB 1606 - "TO PROVIDE FISCAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR EDUCATION SERVICE COOPERATIVES."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Saunders was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Saunders raised $24,890 for his campaign.
Below are Saunders's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|US Smokeless Tobacco||$1,500|
|Stevens GP LLC||$1,000|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$1,000|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. R.D. Saunders
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Rick Saunders on Facebook
|Arkansas House District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|