|U.S. House, California, District 3|
|Bachelor's||California State University, Fresno|
|Profession||Pilot and Air Force member|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
representing the 3rd Congressional District
Tubbs was born in 1967 and raised in Wisconsin.
- California State University, Fresno, Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
Tubbs earned his commission in the United States Air Force as a Distinguished Graduate of AFROTC after graduating from California State University-Fresno.,
- 1999: Hired as a pilot with United Airlines
- 2001: Started a property development and management company
- 2003 - 2009: Activated from part-time to full time Reserves for Operation IRAQI FREEDOM and served full time in the Reserves
- 2010: Selected to command the 301st Airlift Squadron at Travis AFB, California
- See also: California's 3rd congressional district elections, 2012
Tubbs ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 3rd District. He was defeated in the June 5, 2012, open primary.
Effect of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
According to the Washington Post, redistricting has transformed the 3rd district from a safe seat into a swing district. With 10th district incumbent John Garamendi (D) displaced into the 3rd, the newly drawn district will be a battleground for Republicans and Democrats fighting for control of the House.