|California State Assembly District 5|
|California State Senate|
|Bachelor's||California State University, Stanislaus, 1980|
|Date of birth||July 16, 1958|
|Place of birth||Fresno, CA|
|Profession||Chairman of the Board, Material Ventures, Incorporated|
Oller's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jumpstart the Economy
- Excerpt: "My commitment to small businesses was evident in my actions as a state legislator. In the Senate and Assembly, I repeatedly earned 100% ratings from the California Chamber of Commerce for protecting jobs and the economy."
- Keeping Taxes Down
- Excerpt: "I support California’s 2/3 vote requirement to raise taxes. In addition, I’m a firm supporter of Prop. 13 and would oppose any attempt to alter it."
- Stop Irresponsible Budget Practices
- Excerpt: "I’m a strong fiscal conservative with a solid record that has earned me endorsements from the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association and Congressman Tom McClintock."
- Refused Legislative Pay Raises
- Excerpt: "During my time in the legislature, I never accepted any state legislative pay hike – not one dime. I also showed leadership during the state budget crisis by voluntarily cutting my legislative salary by 12%."
- Protect the Family
- Excerpt: "Londa and I raised our four wonderful children with the understanding that the health of America depends on our ability to raise families that value life, freedom, and personal responsibility."
Oller ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 5. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Tim Fitzgerald (D), Kevin Lancaster (R), Marc Boyd (D), and Mark Belden (I) in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. Oller was defeated by Frank Bigelow (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 5, General Election, 2012|
Oller received endorsements from:
- Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
- Gun Owners of California
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- California Taxpayer Protection Committee
- Amador Supervisor Brian Oneto
- El Dorado Sheriff John D’Agostini
- El Dorado Supervisor Ray Nutting
- El Dorado Supervisor Ron Briggs
- Calaveras Sheriff Gary Kuntz
- Calaveras Supervisor Gary Tofaneli
- Mono Supervisor Byng Hunt
- Mono Supervisor Tim Hansen
- Mono Supervisor Ed Inwood (retired)
- Tuolumne Sheriff James Mele
- Tuolumne Supervisor Evan Royce
- Tuolumne Supervisor Randy Hanvelt
- Tuolumne Supervisor John Gray
- Tuolumne Planning Commissioner & Sierra Railway Foundation Board Member Isaac Kight
- Mariposa High Coach Loyd Hobbie
Oller and his wife, Londa, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rico + Oller + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- Rico Oller for Assembly, "Endorsements," accessed October 5, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014