Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50|
A special election for the position of Texas House of Representatives District 50 was called for November 5, 2013, with a runoff if necessary on January 28, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was September 4, 2013. The seat was vacant following Mark Strama's (D) resignation to lead Google's fiber optics operation in Austin, Texas. Celia Israel (D) and Mike VanDeWalle (R) advanced past Rico Reyes (D) and Jade Chang Sheppard (D) in the special election. Israel defeated VanDeWalle in the runoff election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Runoff Election, 2014|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rico + Reyes + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- sos.state.tx.us, "Candidates for House of Representatives, District 50 Special Election," accessed September 6, 2013
- texastribune.org, "Special Election to Replace Strama Set for Nov. 5," July 11, 2013
- team1.sos.state.tx.us, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013
- Texas Tribune, "Israel Defeats VanDeWalle in HD-50 Runoff," January 28, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed February 21, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |