|Iowa State Senate District 49|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||University of Iowa|
Hart currently works as a teacher while also helping operate her family's farm in Wheatland, Iowa since 1986.
Hart attended the University of Iowa, receiving a Master's degree in Educational Administration. She received her Bachelor's degree from the University of Northern Iowa.
Hart's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Iowa must invest in our children’s future by recruiting, retaining, and rewarding teachers and administrators who maximize student achievement."
- Excerpt:"As Iowa redesigns the state’s mental health and disability service system, we must focus on increasing in-home and community settings over institutional care."
Workforce Development, Economy
- Excerpt:"Working together with small businesses, family farms and local manufacturers, we must foster an emphasis on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) courses and produce workers with the skills needed to revive and strengthen local and regional economies."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hart served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
|• Veterans Affairs|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Hart ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 49. Hart defeated Dorothy O'Brien in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Hart defeated Andrew Naeve (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Rita and Paul, her husband of 30 years, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rita + Hart + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- A few issues to be resolved - Clinton Herald
- Iowa Veterans Home leader is criticized - DesMoinesRegister.com
- Status of women in Iowa conferences planned - Marion Today.org
- A walk to remember - Clinton Herald
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sen. Hart's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Rita Hart on Facebook
Hubert Houser (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|