Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 116|
Destito's other political experience includes being part of the New York State Democratic Committee, 116th Assembly District.
Destito earned her B.S. in Industrial Relations from LeMoyne College. Her professional experience includes serving as director of the New York State Assembly Mohawk Valley Task Force; regional director for New York State Assembly Speaker's Regional Office; program director for the Muscular Dystrophy Association; research assistant for the institute of technology for the State University of New York; and a small business owner.
Prior to leaving the New York State Assembly, she served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Destito served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Destito ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated Gregory Johnson (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 116 2010|
|RoAnn Destito (D)||18,709|
|Gregory Johnson (R)||12,724|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Destito won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 116, defeating opponent Kevin McDonald (R).
Destito raised $163,551 for her campaign while McDonald raised $1,614.
|New York State Assembly, District 116 2008|
|RoAnn Destito (R)||27,226|
|Kevin McDonald (R)||12,843|
Destito and her husband, Christopher, have one child; Christopher, Jr.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "RoAnn + Destito + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Election for 116th Assembly seat set for Sept. 13," July 1, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of RoAnn Destito," accessed December 24, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
|New York Assembly - District 116
| Succeeded by|
Anthony Brindisi (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |