|Pennsylvania State Senate District 15|
|January 1, 2013-Present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Franklin and Marshall College|
|J.D.||Cornell Law School|
Teplitz earned his B.A. in Government from Franklin and Marshall College and his J.D. from Cornell Law School. His professional experience includes the following positions: Teplitz works as Chief Counsel and Director of the Office of Policy and Planning at the Pennsylvania Department of the Auditor General. He also teaches courses in history and law at Central Penn College. Prior to his present position, he worked as Executive Assistant and Counsel for then-Senator Jack Wagner (now Auditor General). Prior to his career in public service, he worked in litigation at McNees, Wallace and Nurick LLC.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Teplitz served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government, Minority Chair|
|• Intergovernmental Operations|
|• Public Health & Welfare|
|• Capitol Preservation|
On his campaign website, Teplitz outlined his campaign themes and policy goals:
- Creating Pennsylvania Jobs: "Rob will target the billions of dollars spent on so-called “economic development” programs, in which the state – often unsuccessfully – attempts to pick job-creating winners and losers. Instead, Rob will redirect those funds towards the creation of a better job creation climate overall in the Commonwealth..."
- Ending politics as usual in Harrisburg: Rob has fought alongside Bob Casey and Jack Wagner for transparency, accountability, and reform in all areas of government... Therefore, bringing fundamental reforms to state government is one of his highest priorities."
- Keeping taxes as low as possible: "As State Senator, Rob will use his experience to reduce the cost of government and direct the resulting savings to other areas in order to keep your taxes as low as possible. He will also continue to fight to ensure that Pennsylvania homeowners receive the property tax relief that you were promised when casino gambling was legalized in Pennsylvania."
- Strengthening education: "[Rob] is outraged by the Corbett administration’s approach to education and will vigorously oppose it as State Senator. Rob believes that every public school should have the resources needed to provide our children and young adults with the best possible education..."
On March 8, Harrisburg Hope sponsored a debate for the District 15 primary candidates. Coverage of the debate can be found here.
Teplitz ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania Senate District 15. Teplitz defeated Alvin Taylor in the Democratic primary on April 24. He defeated John McNally in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Rob Teplitz is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rob Teplitz raised a total of $445,189 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 6, 2013.
|Rob Teplitz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania State Senate, District 15||$445,189|
|Grand Total Raised||$445,189|
2012Rob Teplitz won election to the Pennsylvania State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Rob Teplitz raised a total of $445,189.
|Pennsylvania State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Rob Teplitz's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$90,872|
|Electrical Workers Local 98||$44,906|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$40,000|
|Friends of America Votes Pennsylvania||$22,500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 520||$20,050|
|Total Raised in 2012||$445,189|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Teplitz is married to his wife, Randi. They have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rob + Teplitz + Pennsylvania + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Rob Teplitz, Official Facebook page
- Rob Teplitz, Official Twitter feed
- York Dispatch, "Issues and answers: The 15th state Senate District," April 17, 2012 (2012 Candidate questionnaire)
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- www.robteplitz.com, "Meet Rob," accessed April 18, 2012
- www.robteplitz.com, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Primary," accessed March 11, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Election," accessed March 11, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Teplitz, Rob," accessed September 6, 2013
Jeffrey Piccola (R)
|Pennsylvania State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|