Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
Barra earned his B.A. in Communication and Journalism from Hofstra University. His professional experience includes district chief of staff for New York State Senator Dean Skelos and former district director for United States Congressman David Levy.
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Racing and Wagering Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Barra did not run for re-election in 2010.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Barra won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 14, defeating opponent Joseph Ferrara (D).
Barra raised $48,340 for his campaign while Ferrara raised $12,392.
|New York State Assembly, District 14 2008|
|Robert Barra (R)||31,167|
|Joseph Ferrara (D)||23,178|
In 2008, a year in which Barra was up for re-election, he collected $48,340 in donations.
|Friends for the Election of Dean Skelos||$2,000|
|New York State Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Barra and his wife, Celeste, have two children; Alexandra and Erica.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Barra + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|New York Assembly - District 14
| Succeeded by|
Brian Curran (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |