Robert Berry (Wyoming)
|Wyoming State Senate, District 18|
|Bachelor's||Music, Sam Houston State University (1974)|
|Birthday||November 3, 1950|
|Place of birth||Seguin, TX|
|Profession||Bed and Breakfast owner|
Berry's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Pro Term Limits
- Excerpt: "The founding fathers never intended to have dynasties of the ruling class in power for lifetimes. We have allowed our capitals to be more the houses of power brokers than institutions of governing. The state should not be the master but the servant."
- Defend the Unborn
- Excerpt: "To those that would say, 'What about incest and rape?' I say: Are we to commit another crime even more heinous on top of what has already happened? ...I firmly believe that fathers must be involved in decision making regarding the life of their babies. At conception, not only has a child's life been created, but a family has begun, mother, father and baby."
- Defend the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "We have the right to defend ourselves in our homes as well as on the battlefield. I am committed to defending this amendment with my life and treasure."
- Reduce Government
- Excerpt: "We have enough regulation and if I could have my way, I would strike three laws for every one passed. Federal mandates are especially troubling because they directly undermine the Tenth Amendment which grants sovereignty to the states."
- No Government in Healthcare
- Excerpt: "Broad based state run insurance exchanges would provide a platform for a free market and better health care in the long run. I would propose an amendment to the state constitution that would give individuals the liberty and responsibility to make their own health care decisions."
- Effective Education System
- Excerpt: "Education is best left up to the family and then to local school boards. I support charter schools, home schooling and vouchers for those who want to opt out of public schools. ...accountability is absolutely necessary and tenure should never be given to any public employees."
- Keep Wyoming Business-Friendly
- Excerpt: "Business must be encouraged to stay and grow in our state and I strongly support collaborations between local communities and state officials to aggressively recruit a variety of businesses.
For example, the movie industry would be of great benefit."
- Defend Our Water Rights
- Excerpt: "Water is the MOST valuable resource on earth. We know this better than any other state in the union. I will do everything I can to protect our water rights, especially from the Environmental Protection Agency. They continually and unconstitutionally work to broaden the Clean Water Act, which will ultimately undermine individual rights to own and control property."
- Pro Energy Development
- Excerpt: "If Wyoming was a country, we could be sixth in the world in fossil fuel resource production. My goal is to stop the EPA from interfering with our rights as sovereign states so we can move forward in making the most of the resources we have, creating jobs in the process."
- See also: Wyoming State Senate elections, 2012
|Wyoming State Senate, District 18 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Henry Coe Incumbent||51.4%||2,149|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert+ Berry + Wyoming + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Berry has a wife, Robin, and two children, Alex and Michele.