Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Colorado, District 5|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
|Birthday||December 29, 1954|
|Place of birth||Marshalltown, IA|
Blaha's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution – “The right of people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed” – is crucial to defend our freedoms. I will fight any measure that threatens to erode our Second Amendment rights."
- Excerpt: "Providing for the common defense is perhaps the most important duty of the Federal Government. We must maintain a strong defense at all costs and remain vigilant as the world continues to be a dangerous and confusing place."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "We must have a policy that moves America toward energy independence and away from foreign oil addiction. I support a multi-faceted policy to develop energy resources in the United States – utilizing solar, wind and hydropower, as well as biofuels, nuclear, coal, and natural gas and oil."
- Federal Reserve
- Excerpt: "Although a central banking system makes sense for America and has from time-to-time historically worked well, the Federal Reserve is out of control. Printing money, making short-term decisions and not having the ability to look beyond the immediate has accelerated the financial meltdown in the United States."
- Excerpt: "Our healthcare system is in dire need of reform, but The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is a prescription for disaster. ObamaCare is at best bad law, at worst potentially unconstitutional – and definitely unconscionable."
According to Politico, Blaha posed a serious primary threat to incumbent Lamborn. Well-funded Blaha spent more than double the amount Lamborn has, and has cast Lamborn as a career politician. Lamborn has fought back, questioning Blaha's conservative credentials on gun control.
|Colorado's 5th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Doug Lamborn Incumbent||61.7%||43,929|
Blaha and his wife, Susan, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Blaha + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found