|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 32|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Rhode Island|
|J.D.||New England School of Law|
Craven earned his B.A. from the University of Rhode Island in 1980 and his J.D. from the New England School of Law in 1983. His professional experience includes working as an attorney at Robert E. Craven and Associates and as an assistant solicitor for the Town of Charlestown and the City of East Providence.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Craven served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Municipal Government, Chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Craven served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Small Business|
Craven's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
If re-elected, I intend on:
- Excerpt: "Revamping economic development corporations"
- Excerpt: "Introducing and passing legislation to create jobs in the Quonset Industrial Park"
- Excerpt: "Support public education"
- Excerpt: "Strictly enforce existing caps on property tax"
- Excerpt: "Pass legislation to create an enterprise zone tax incentive to revive the Wickford business economy"
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Robert Craven was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Sharon Gamba was unopposed in the Republican primary. Craven defeated Gamba in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Robert Craven Incumbent||52%||3,111|
Craven won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 32. Craven was unopposed in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated incumbent Laurence Ehrhardt (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert Craven Sr.||54%||4,067|
|Republican||Laurence Ehrhardt Incumbent||45.7%||3,440|
Comprehensive donor information for Robert Craven is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Robert Craven raised a total of $10,280 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Robert Craven's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 32||$10,280|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,280|
2012Robert Craven won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Robert Craven raised a total of $10,280.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Craven's campaign in 2012|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$750|
|Coventry Teachers Alliance||$300|
|Rhode Island Council 94||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,280|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Craven and his wife, Susan, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Craven + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Robert Craven on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Craven," accessed June 10, 2014
- Facebook.com, "About:Elect Bob Craven - RI District 32 Representative," accessed October 20, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Craven, Robert," accessed August 2, 2013
Laurence Ehrhardt (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 32
| Succeeded by|