Robert Edward Forchion, Jr.
|Robert Edward Forchion, Jr.|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 3|
|Date of birth||July 23, 1964|
|Place of birth||Camden, NJ|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Forchion planned to run in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 3rd District. Forchion was removed from the general election ballot and fought back by bringing his case to appellate court.
Forchion's name was struck from the ballot by an administrative law judge after the New Jersey Democratic State Committee argued that only 97 of Forchion's 200 signatures were valid, and he needed 100 in order to get on the ballot. Forchion brought the case to appellate court, and the court ordered that they would dismiss the case on August 4, 2014, if Forchion did not "produce transcripts from a 15-hour administrative law hearing," which would cost him at least $3,500. Forchion subsequently began fundraising for the money to pay for the transcripts.
Forchion's challenge of the court's decision was based on four main arguments:
Forchion ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 3rd District. Forchion ran as an Independent. He faced Shelley Adler, Jon Runyan, Christopher Dennick, Jr., Frederick John Lavergne, Robert Shapiro and Robert Witterschein in the general election on November 6.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jon Runyan Incumbent||53.7%||174,253|
|No Slogan||Christopher Dennick, Jr.||0.1%||280|
|Legalize Marijuana||Robert Edward Forchion||0.6%||1,965|
|No Slogan||Frederick John Lavergne||0.2%||770|
|Bob's for Jobs||Robert Shapiro||0.3%||1,104|
|None of Them||Robert Witterschein||0.2%||530|
|Source: New Jersey Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Robert + Edward + Forchion + Jr. + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
- New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District
- Richard Forchion, Campaign Site (dead link)
- Edward Forchion, Wikipedia Page
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 8"
- NJWeedman, "NJWeedman 4 Congress," accessed September 28 (dead link)
- Politico, "2012 House Race Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- NJ.com, "N.J. Weedman's ballot case moved to appellate court," accessed June 24, 2014
- NJ.com, "Marijuana activist 'N.J. Weedman' must raise $3,500 if he hopes to appear on Congressional ballot," accessed July 31, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "New Jersey Independent Congressional Candidate Not Allowed to Pursue Ballot Access Lawsuit Without Paying $3,500 for Transcript," accessed July 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- New Jersey Division of Elections, "2011 Unofficial General Assembly General Election Candidate List" (dead link)
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |