Robert Ficano recall, Wayne County, Michigan (2010)
Ficano was up for re-election in November 2010 and was re-elected by voters.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Michigan
Wayne County election officials were required to approve the wording on the recall petition before it could be circulated.However, the Board of County Election Commissioners rejected the petition, saying the proposed language was too vague to put on the ballot. Subsequent recall efforts were launched in 2011 and 2012, however, none of them were successful.
- Detroit Free Press, "Panel says anti-Ficano petition is too vague," March 2, 2010
- Detroit News, "Recall bid against Ficano rejected," March 1, 2010
- MLive.com, "Election commission rejects recall petition for Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano," March 2, 2010
- Detroit Free Press, "Scandal jams gears on Robert Ficano's political fund-raising machine," July 22, 2012