Robert G Moultrie
|Robert G. Moultrie|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 20|
Moultrie's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I have always felt that it is unjust for a person to work their entire life to pay off their home and legally own it, only to be treated as a mere tenant by virtue of having to pay property tax. Remember, Government does not own private property and has no moral financial claim to it. If elected I will work to trim government spending and reduce property taxes."
- Excerpt: "It is estimated that the SSNs of 20,000 to 50,000 Utah children are being used by someone else. Most of these stolen IDs are being used by illegal immigrants to obtain jobs. These innocent children will contend with all the fraud, crime and bad credit that become attached to their SSN. I will work to put a stop to document fraud by requiring employers to use E-Verify (a free service) before hiring employees."
- Excerpt: "I want MORE teachers, better schools and MORE parental control. But we need to consider that after many decades of government control history has shown that public schools may not be the best way to attain those goals. In any case, I will work tirelessly to cut waste and increase efficiency in the public education system."
- Excerpt: "I propose instead that parents who choose to withdraw their children from the public school system and educate them in another manner (i.e. private or home schooling) be given a tax rebate. In this way, there would be no traceability as to how those families spend this money and thus the state would gain no control over Private Schools. Of course, the parents who opted for this system would be morally obligated to use this money for their children's education, but I believe that most parents care a great deal about their children and would use this money appropriately."
- Excerpt: "As a Life Time Membership holder in the NRA, I fully support an individual’s Constitutional right to bear arms. I believe our Police officers do a fine job, and should be commended, but they simply cannot be everywhere at once to protect each individual at all times. This being the case, individuals must bear some responsibility for their own safety and I believe that firearms are a prudent choice. I support Concealed Carry Laws and Open Carry Laws. Statistics show that when such freedoms are upheld violent crime decreases and individuals are safer."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Donna Taylor was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Becky Edwards was unopposed in the Republican convention. Robert G Moultrie defeated Brady Tracy in the Constitution convention. Taylor, Edwards and Moultrie will face off in the general election. Tracy withdrew from the Republican convention for the Constitution party.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 20 General Election (2010)|
|Becky Edwards (R)||6,531|
|William E Ward (D)||1,797|
|Robert G Moultrie (C)||675|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Moultrie + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 20
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart