|Pennsylvania State House District 53|
|1983 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||30|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Juniata College, 1955|
|Place of birth||Souderton, PA|
Godshall earned his BS in Business Administration and Economics from Juniata College in 1955. He then attended the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania in 1956.
Godshall was owner/manager of Godshall's Hatchery Incorporated from 1955 to 1980. He also worked as Open Space Director for Mongomery County from 1977 to 1982.
Godshall served as President/Board Member of the Souderton Area School District from 1963 to 1980. He then served as Montgomery County Comptroller from 1980 to 1983. He also served on the Montgomery County Republican Committee from 1958 to 1998. Godshall joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1983 and has served in that position since. He represents the 53rd District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Godshall served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs, Chair|
|• Legislative Budget and Finance, Secretary|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Godshall served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Legislative Budget and Finance|
|• Consumer Affairs, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Godshall served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Consumer Affairs, Republican Chair|
Godshall ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 53. Godshall ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and defeated Mick Wynne in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 53, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Robert Godshall Incumbent||60.7%||17,205|
Godshall won re-election to the 53rd District Seat in 2010. He was unopposed in the May 18 Democratic primary and defeated Democrat Jack Hansen and Green Edward Bonsell in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 53|
|Robert Godshall (R)||12,832||65.3%|
|Jack Hansen (D)||6,356||32.3%|
|Edward Bonsell (G)||476||2.4%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 53|
|Robert W. Godshall (R)||17,334||59.8%|
|Jack Hansen (D)||11,646||40.2%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Godshall received $110,747 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Godshall's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$110,747|
Godshall is divorced and has five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Robert + Godshall + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Harper, Greenleaf present legislation to change mandatory retirement age for ... - The Times Herald
- Utilities push bill to retain cut-off authority - Allentown Morning Call
- Why Do Schools Take a Summer Vacation? - 90.5 WESA
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Robert Godshall's personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Robert Godshall
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |