Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey Vicinage 5|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Chris Christie|
|Past post:||President, New Jersey Public Utilities Board|
|Undergraduate:||Manhattan College, 1980|
|Law School:||Fordham University, 1984|
Following his graduation from law school, Hanna was a litigation associate at the law firm of Cahill Gordon & Reindel in New York. In 1990, he joined the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey. In 1997, he joined the Frauds Division at the U.S. Attorney's Office, where he subsequently served in a number of different roles. Hanna began working as a director in the Newark-based law firm of Gibbons P.C. in May 2006. He then served as the director of the Division of Law within the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety. On December 21, 2011, Hanna was appointed the president of the New Jersey Public Utilities Board by Governor Chris Christie. Hanna filled the vacancy left when Lee A. Solomon resigned. He served there until his appointment to the Vicinage 5 Superior Court in January 2014. Governor Chris Christie previously nominated Hanna to the New Jersey Supreme Court on December 10, 2012, but he was not confirmed by the New Jersey State Senate.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Hanna + New + Jersey"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey Public Utilities Board
- Public Services Commissioner
- New Jersey Superior Courts
- Judicial selection in New Jersey
- Essex County, New Jersey
- NJ.com, "N.J. Senate confirms Robert Hanna as Superior Court judge," January 13, 2014
- New Jersey Courts, "Essex Vicinage Judicial Directory," April 21, 2014
- Office of the Governor, "Governor Christie Selects Well-Qualified Candidates for Supreme Court with Nomination of Robert Hanna and Judge David Bauman," December 10, 2012
- New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, "President Hanna," accessed February 16, 2013
- State of New Jersey, "Robert M. Hanna," accessed February 16, 2013
Lee A. Solomon
|New Jersey Public Utilities Board
| Succeeded by|