For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland-3|
|1991 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||24|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Real Estate Agent|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Voting record
- 8 Personal
- 9 Recent news
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Helm earned his AA from Concord Commercial College in 1972. He worked as owner/operator of Castleton Gardens from 1975 to 1990. From 1990 to 2000, he as owner/operator of Castleton Landscape Company. He is currently a Real Estate Agent.
Helm served on the Board of Selectmen from 1990 to 1995.
Helm served in the United States Marine Corps from 1968 to 1970.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Helm served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Helm served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Helm served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Rutland-3 has two state representatives. Incumbents Robert Helm and William Canfield defeated Dean Powers in the Republican primary. Helm and Canfield were unopposed in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland-3 District Republican Primary, 2014|
|William Canfield Incumbent||47.7%||306|
|Robert Helm Incumbent||40.7%||261|
Helm won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Rutland 3. Helm was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland 2 General Election (2010)|
|William Canfield (R)||2,092|
|Robert Helm (R)||1,923|
Comprehensive donor information for Helm is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Helm raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Robert Helm's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Rutland-3||$0|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Rutland-2||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Helm won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Helm raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Helm's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Helm was up for election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Helm voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Helm and his wife, Caren, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Helm + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Helm, Robert (Bob)," accessed September 24, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013