|California State Senate, District 18|
|December 1, 2014 - Present|
|December 2, 2018|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Term limits||12 years|
|California State Assembly|
Hertzberg's professional experience includes working for Think Long Committee for California, as a Partner in the law firm of Mayer Brown and serving on the board of the Center for Governmental Studies.
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Bob Hertzberg (D) and Ricardo Antonio Benitez (R) defeated John P. "Jack" Lindblad (G) in the blanket primary. Hertzberg defeated Benitez in the general election.
|California State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ricardo Antonio Benitez||29.8%||33,794|
|California State Senate, District 18 Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Republican||Ricardo Antonio Benitez||29.1%||16,289|
|Green||John P. Lindblad||7.8%||4,392|
In 2014, Hertzberg's endorsements included the following:
- Former Assemblyman and Majority Leader Dario Frommer
- Attorney & Businessman David Fleming
- Former L.A. City Controller Laura Chick
- U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Congressman Tony Cardenas
- Congresswoman Karen Bass
- Congresswoman Judy Chu
- Congressman Juan Vargas
- Congressman Brad Sherman
- Congressman Howard Berman (ret)
- Congresswoman Diane Watson (ret)
- California Governor Gray Davis (ret)
- California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson
- California State Treasurer Bill Lockyer
- California Attorney General (ret) and L.A. District Attorney John Van De Kamp (ret)
- California State Board of Equalization Chair Jerome Horton
- California State Controller Steve Westly (ret)
- State Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg
- State Senate President pro Tem David Roberti (ret)
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Hertzberg has a wife, Dr. Cynthia Telles.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Hertzberg + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Senate
- California Senate Committees
- California state legislative districts
- Profile from the California State Senate
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 14, 2014
- hertzbergforsenate.com, "Endorsements," accessed May 2, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 2, 2014
Jean Fuller (R)
|California State Senate District 18
| Succeeded by|