Robert Lewis, Vermont Representative
|Vermont House Of Representatives, Orleans 1|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Lewis was a Correctional Officer for the State of New York from 1973 to 1977. He then worked as a Trooper for the Nebraska State Patrol from 1977 to 1984. He then worked for the Vermont State Police as a Trooper from 1984 to 1989. From 1989 to 2007, he was a Game Warden for the State of Vermont.
Lewis attended the State University of New York at Morrisville. He then received his Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice from Ulster Community College. He is a graduate of the New York Correctional Services Academy. He then attended the Nebraska State Police Academy and the Vermont State Police Academy.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Lewis ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Essex-Orleans District. Lewis was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Robert Lewis ran for re-election to the Orleans 1 District in 2010. He ran against Frank Davis (D), Lisa Erwin-Davidson (D), Lynn Batchelor (R), and Kenric-Ric Gonyaw (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010. Lewis came in first, successfully winning re-election.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orleans 1 General Election (2010)|
|Robert Lewis (R)||1,623|
|Lynn Batchelor (R)||1,305|
|Lisa Erwin-Davidson (D)||1,169|
|Frank Davis (D)||814|
|Kenric-Ric Gonyaw (I)||233|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lewis served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lewis served on these committees:
In 2010, a year in which Lewis was up for election, he collected $3,159 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Lewis, Vermont Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Vermont Ski Areas Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$3,159|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Lewis + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lying To Congress Tough To Prove In Any Scandal - Huffington Post
- Pop and Jazz Music - New York Times
- Classical and Opera - New York Times
- Jessica Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA Classic - NBC 29 News
- The Toxic Tycoon - DC Bureau
- Friday April 26, 2013 - KALW
- ABC Details May 2013 Sweeps Plans; Some New Spoilers Within! - KSiteTV
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Lewis is married and has two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008