|New Jersey State Senate, District 19|
|Place of birth||New York|
Luban studied at Kean University. He worked as a manager at AT&T from 1982 to 1999. Luban currently serves as a councilman for Woodbridge Township, New Jersey.
Luban's campaign website listed the following issues:
- School Vouchers
- "The State Legislature needs to debate the merits of the school voucher proposal and vote. If the proposal fails, the Governor should look for alternative means to enhance the effective education of our children."
- Gun Control
- "Governor Christie’s proposal to control the sale of violent video games would also strengthen the goals of the gun laws in place. Violent video games in my opinion can have the result of desensitizing our young people into thinking that senseless killings are acceptable."
- The Obama Administration Plan on Contraceptive "Plan B"
- Excerpt: "I disagree with the U.S. District Federal judge that ruled to remove the age and point of sale restrictions of the “one pill (Plan B)” contraceptive also known as the “morning after pill”. Not only does this endanger the health and wellbeing of children, it also erodes parental rights to guide and protect their own children."
- In-State Tuition for Illegal Status Students
- Excerpt: "New Jersey taxpayers already subsidize the education of illegal status students from kindergarten through high school. The only legislation that should be considered in these economic times is to further extend aid to students that are living in New Jersey legally."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Luban ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 19. Luban was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Joseph F. Vitale (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 19 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Joseph Vitale Incumbent||62.6%||24,126|
Luban currently lives with his wife, Lorraine, in Colonia, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Luban + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Woodbridge Township Council Members," accessed May 14, 2013
- Luban for Senate," accessed May 14, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013