Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 21|
|2008 - 2010|
|Profession||Director of Business Development|
He lost his bid for re-election, defeated by Republican Ronald Villanueva in the November 3, 2009, general election. After a very close election Villanueva was certified the winner by the Virginia Beach electoral board.
On his official website, Mathieson lists three major issues: economy, education, and public safety.
- Economy - Richmond should be "cutting its own operating costs and cutting taxes for middle class families to help get through this recession."
- Education - "We need to do all we can to protect education funding because education is the best way to safeguard our economic future and keep us competitive."
- Public safety - "I have passed laws cracking down on sexual predators and fought for good wages and proper public safety funding levels from Richmond for those who protect our community."
In 2009, Mathieson lost his bid for re-election to the Virginia House of Delegates.
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Virginia House
- Commerce and Labor Committee, Virginia House
- Counties, Cities and Towns Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Chesapeake (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Natural Resource
- Transportation Committee, Virginia House
- HB 1953 Guidelines on recycling and waste reduction activities; requires Board of Education to establish.
- HB 1954 Driving under influence of alcohol; law-enforcement officer to arrest without warrant.
- HB 1955 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of while driving except in an emergency.
The top 5 donors to Mathieson's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Democratic House Caucus $270,953
- 2. VA Democratic Party $131,076
- 3. Moving VA Forward $59,750
- 4. One Virginia $21,000
- 5. Leadership for VA $20,000
- Delegate Mathieson official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Mathieson
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 21
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |