Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 19|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
|J.D.||Stanford University Law School|
|Ph.D.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Place of birth||Rockville Centre, NY|
Murray's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "Government does not create jobs. The American people create jobs. When supported with a balanced budget, smaller government, and much needed tax reform (corporate and capital gains), the power of the American entrepreneur is released allowing the market to do what it does best – create jobs and grow the economy."
- Excerpt: "Your family lives within a budget – the government should live within one too. At the pace the Country is borrowing, interest payments alone will be One Billion Dollars per day within 2 years, and Two Billion Dollars per day within 10 years. That is unsustainable!"
- Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "Washington doesn’t have a revenue problem – it has a spending problem. At a time of severe economic downturn, job losses and high unemployment, high gas and food prices and government spending at record levels, the last thing that Americans need is more and increased taxes."
- Excerpt: "I am a product of public schools. My mother, sister and mother-in-law are all public school teachers. My children attend public schools. I am a firm believer that the continued growth of American jobs and prosperity, particularly in a knowledge-based, inter-connected, globally competitive world will be determined by the education our children receive."
- Excerpt: "ObamaCare must be repealed. The way to provide affordable access to the best health care system in the world is by providing targeted, market-driven, patient-centered solutions."
Murray ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 19th District. He and district 16 incumbent Zoe Lofgren (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Phat Nguyen (R) and Jay Blas Jacob Cabrera (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Lofgren won.
|U.S. House, California, District 19 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Zoe Lofgren Incumbent||73.2%||162,300|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California's 19th Congressional District, 2012 - Robert Murray Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$858,985|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$626,001|
|Top contributors to Robert Murray's campaign committee|
|Zuber & Taillieu||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Murray is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Murray + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Doors Open 2013: Guide to places to visit in Toronto this weekend - Toronto Star
- News Corp. Board Formally Approves To Split Company - Huffington Post
- At the galleries - StarPhoenix
- Manitoba housing affordability deteriorates - Winnipeg Free Press
- Richard Buegler - NUjournal
- Chely Wright, partner have twins; John Barrowman's new gig - Windy City Times
- Theater - New York Times
- GEN Hall of Shame - Genetic Engineering News
- Targeting Texas - New York Times (blog)
- Between the Lines: Book titles in honor of the military - Sacramento Bee
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found