|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 57|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associates||Lorain County Community College|
Sherwin served on both the executive and central committees of the Lorain County Libertarian Party.
Sherwin's professional experience includes working as an engineering mechanic. He earned an Associates degree in applied science/automation engineering from Lorain County Community College, graduating with honors.
Sherwin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We MUST make Ohio attractive to new businesses by lower taxes, eliminating unnecessary regulations, and repealing some of our laws that prevent free markets and competition."
- Excerpt: "Our education system is upside-down. The responsibility for educating our children begins with the parents, then the local communities and school districts. Simply put, it is not the job of the federal and state governments to educate our children. If we, the taxpayers, were not giving a huge slice of our hard-earned money to support bureaucracies we would have more money in our paychecks to support our local schools."
Nullification and Sovereignty
- Excerpt: "We should work to nullify all unconstitutional federal laws, forbid federal officials from enforcing these laws in Ohio, and to sequester those federal taxes that don’t fund constitutional purposes."
Note: Sherwin's campaign themes did not change from 2012.
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Matt Lark was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Terry Boose was unopposed in the Republican primary. Robert Sherwin ran as a Libertarian candidate. Boose defeated Lark and Sherwin in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 57 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Terry Boose Incumbent||58.9%||18,872|
Sherwin ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 58. Sherwin was unopposed in the March 6 Libertarian primary election and was defeated Matthew T. Lark (D) and District 58 incumbent Terry Boose (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 57, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Terry Boose Incumbent||53.9%||28,390|
|Democratic||Matthew T. Lark||40.5%||21,342|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Sherwin + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 57
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Norwalk Reflector, "State representative, county recorder races coming into focus," December 10, 2011
- bobsherwin.org, "Issues," accessed August 22, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |