Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Coweta County Magistrate Court|
|Preceded by:||Joseph A. Wyant|
|Past position:||State court solicitor, Coweta County|
|Undergraduate:||Georgia State University, 1976|
|Law School:||Atlanta Law School, 1990|
Robert Stokely is a magistrate for Coweta County, Georgia. He was appointed by Governor Nathan Deal in December 2012 to replace Judge Joseph A. Wyant. At that time, Stokely had just been elected to the Georgia House of Representatives, but decided to choose the judgeship instead. He joined the court on January 1, 2013, and his current four-year term expires at the end of 2016.
Stokely was a state court solicitor in Coweta County prior to becoming a magistrate in 2013. Stokely was also previously a representative elect for District 71 of the Georgia House of Representatives. He won election to the position on November 6, 2012, but prior to being sworn in he decided to instead take a position as a Coweta County Magistrate Judge.
Stokely won election in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 71. Stokely defeated Darryl Marmon in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. Stokley was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 71, General Election, 2012|
|Georgia House of Representatives District 71 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Stokely + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peach Pundit, "Robert Stokely Accepts Coweta County Magistrate Position; To Vacate House Seat," December 15, 2012
- Georgia Courts.org, "Magistrate Court Directory," accessed February 25, 2015
- Vote Smart.org, "Robert Stokely's Biography," accessed February 25, 2015
- Times-Herald.com, "Stokely Handily Defeats Marmon In State House District 71 Race," August 1, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed May 29, 2012
- The Citizen, "Stokely turns down House seat for local appointment," December 23, 2012
- Associated Press, "Georgia - Summary Vote Results" accessed July 31, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election July 31, 2012," accessed August 9, 2012
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |