Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Rockford's population was 157,871. In 2007, Money Magazine ranked Rockford as one of the top 100 best places to live.
- Main article:
|Transparency grading process|
- The budget is published. 
- Meeting minutes and agendas are published.
- Elected officials and administrative officials are listed.
- Zoning information is published.
- Permit information is published.
- Pay My Bill feature allows online payment and is easy to use.
- Local tax information is published.
- FOIA tab is easily accessible on homepage to allow requests.
- Limited contract information is posted.
- How Do I? section is still in development.
- Generally, the website includes a lot of information, but you must use the search feature to find it quickly.
- No salary information specific to each employee.
- For FY 2010, the Government Finance Officers Association awarded the Distinguished Budget Presentation award to the City of Rockford, Illinois.
- The FY 2011 Rockford budget was $252,200,000.
Rockford received $30,055,006 of federal stimulus money in eighteen grants and two contracts.
|Contract||Improvement and Weatherization||$4,182,467|
|Grant||US 20 B||$518,841|
|Grant||Arts and ARRA 2009||$25,000|
|Grant||Chicago and Rockford Int. Airport||$1,052,000|
|Grant||ARRA Health Centers||$555,180|
|Grant||Rockford EECBG Project||$1,582,800|
|Grant||ARRA Capital Fund Report||$702,771|
|Grant||ARRA Capital Fund Program||$2,300,000|
|Grant||COPS Hiring Recovery Act||$3,547,170|
|Grant||ARRA Capital Improvement||$1,652,800|
- The Rockford Aldermen are comprised of 14 council members with four-year terms, all ending in the same year. Council members meet once a week as a whole and also in weekly committee meetings.
No salary information is available for specific employees. The 2011 budget did contain salary information for departments as a whole.
The 2011 budget allocated $83.2 million to public safety.
The main revenue for the city of Rockford is from property taxes (20% of total revenue), sales taxes (8.25% of total revenue) and utility taxes (6% telecommunications and 5% water utility).
- U.S. Census Rockford population
- Rockford Top 100 Places to Live 2007
- Minutes and Agendas
- Elected and Administrative Officials
- Pay My Bill
- Local tax information
- How Do I?
- BUDGET 2011.pdf Distinguished Budget Presentation Award 2010
- BUDGET 2011.pdf 2011 Budget Amount
- Federal Stimulus
- Elected Officials
- BUDGET 2011.pdf Emergency Resources