|Arkansas House of Representatives District 72|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
Lawrence earned his BBA in Marketing from the University of Texas at Austin. After graduating college, he worked in the explosives sector as well as the medical industry. Lawrence later began working for the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Department.
Lawrence's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe that Free-market and pro-growth policies are critical to enable our economy to recover and ultimately flourish. However today we have a federal government that is willing to use taxes and job killing regulations to fund its grand social experiments. Our country must put an end to over taxation and regulation to allow the economy to recover through job growth."
- Excerpt: "There is no greater threat to the average American’s bank account and way of life than the current state of Health care in this country. America’s health care financing and insurance systems need major reform. Policymakers must take decisive steps to move today’s bureaucracy driven, heavily regulated third-party payment system to a new patient-centered system of consumer choice and real free-market competition."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Federal spending has rapidly grown over the last decade, leading to substantial budget deficits that will cripple the economy. To restore fiscal health, the federal government should reduce taxes, cut wasteful spending, and reform the massive entitlements while keeping the safeguards in place to protect our most venerable."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "I will join the fight to protect the Constitutional right of Arkansas to govern itself."
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "I will fight to protect our citizen’s Constitutional right to keep and bear arms."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to provide parents the opportunity to choose a safe and effective education for their children from among public, private, charter, and home school opportunities."
Lawrence ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 72. Lawrence ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by Steve Magie (D) in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
Lawrence has a wife, Debra, and two children.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |