|North Carolina House of Representatives District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Chaney's professional experience includes serving as a pastor at Sunrise Church in Hillsborough.
- Excerpt: "I think we’re going to have to do something that politicians don’t want to do and that’s to address the purpose of work and the dignity that you can find in work regardless of white collar, blue collar."
- Excerpt: "My answer is we need to open education up, make it open to free-market principles. People complain about charter schools not being accountable, which is nonsense to me because if charter schools have parents and students wanting their services, they stay open. If they don’t, they shut down. That is the ultimate accountability."
Natural resources and energy policy
- Excerpt: "The big issue with energy is we need to let facts and not politics drive that, and I think if the economics works with it, we need to consider it. But I don’t think right now from what I’m being told that the economics are such that the energy companies will be running at our door."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Graig Meyer was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Rod Chaney defeated W. Lewis Hannah, Jr. in the Republican primary. Myer and Chaney will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 50 Republican Primary, 2014|
|W. Lewis Hannah, Jr.||20.9%||689|
Chaney ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 50. He defeated Thomas Samuel Wright, Jason Chambers and W. Lewis Hannah, Jr. in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Chaney was defeated by Valerie Foushee (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 50 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Thomas Samuel Wright||13.7%||894|
|W. Lewis Hannah, Jr.||9.2%||602|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rod + Chaney + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 50
- Rod Chaney on Facebook
- Rod Chaney on Twitter
- Rod Chaney on Vimeo
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- www.newsoforange.com, "Chaney focuses on economy, education," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |