Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 97|
|Place of birth||Weatherford, TX|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Wingo's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Cut Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "Taxes are too high. That's because government spending is too high. I want to reduce both."
End the War on Drugs
- Excerpt: "Selling and using drugs may be personally unwise, but those activities don't violate anyone's rights. By establishing drug prohibition, our government has taken a modest problem and turned it into a huge problem. Now we have to deal with drug gangs and black markets, and taxpayers have to pay to keep thousands of people in jail. We need to end this nonsense."
Relief for Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "State and local governments make it much harder than it should be to start your own business. Both native citizens and immigrants often wish they could start a business, but get frightened away by the mountain of red tape, fees, and regulations."
Liberty for Latinos
- Excerpt: "Texas has a fast-growing Latin American population. I want Texas Latinos to leave behind the big-government welfare liberalism of the Democrats and the big-government bigotry of the Republicans, and join the Libertarian Party instead. We don't want the government to prop people up, and we don't want the government to hold people down. I think that's consistent with the desire of most Latinos to have a level playing field where hard work pays off."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Craig Goldman is unopposed in the Republican primary. Goldman will face Rod Wingo (L) in the general election.
Wingo ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 97. Wingo ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Craig Goldman (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rod + Wingo + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- rodwingo.com, "Issues," accessed February 13, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |