Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||West Memphis High School (1994)|
|Associate's||ITT Technical Institute (2004)|
Paxton's professional experience includes working as a Network Manager for Strategic Behavioral Health.
Paxton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Get rid of the Personal Income Tax
- Excerpt: "I will work to reduce and eventually remove the personal income tax in Arkansas. If 7 other states can make it without taking money from our paychecks, so can Arkansas. Arkansans should be free to spend their money as they see fit without having to send a bunch of it to Little Rock before they even get it."
Protect and expand our Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "I will work for a true Constitutional Carry law in Arkansas, like 5 other states in our nation, that allows you to carry anytime without a license, as long as you are eligible to own a firearm."
Give our children School Choice
- Excerpt: "I support a voucher program that would force schools to improve or close their doors. If you, as a parent, are able to choose the best school for your child, this will force schools to improve or lose money from your child’s tuition."
Keep our existing Term Limits
- Excerpt: "The Arkansas legislature has very clear and low term limits. These need to stay. Our current legislature is trying to sneak in increased term limits through an “ethics” amendment in November, even though Arkansans voted by a 70% margin in 2005 to keep the term limits as they are now. If this passes, I will work to bring back the current term limits to our Arkansas legislature. "
Pass Medical Marijuana legislation in Arkansas
- Excerpt: "I will work to pass legislation in Arkansas to make marijuana legal for medicinal purposes to give immediate relief to the thousands in Arkansas who need this medicine but live in fear of being arrested for treating their illnesses. Police should be spending their limited time and resources stopping criminals from harming others and leave peaceful citizens alone to choose their own medicine. "
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Deborah Ferguson is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Rodger Paxton is running as a Libertarian.
Paxton ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives District 51. Paxton ran unopposed in the May 22 Libertarian primary, and was defeated by Democrat Deborah Ferguson in the general election on November 6, 2012. No Republican ran in this contest.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 51, General Election, 2012|
Paxton and his wife, Jessica, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Rodger + Paxton + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- voteforpaxton.com "About," accessed March 26, 2014
- voteforpaxton.com "Issues," accessed March 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed July 3, 2012
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|