Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 109|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||October 10, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Incumbent David Mack was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Rodney Travis is running as a Libertarian. Mack and Travis will face off in the general election.
Travis ran in a special election for South Carolina State Senate District 42. The seat was vacant following Sen. Robert Ford's (D) resignation on May 31, 2013 amidst an ethics investigation. Travis received five write-in votes in the special election, which took place on October 10. Alex Thornton was certified by convention of the South Carolina Libertarian Party as the Libertarian candidate in this election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rodney + Travis + South Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- scvotes.org, "Official election results," accessed November 19, 2013
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- scnow.com, "Special election set for former Sen. Ford's seat," June 5, 2013
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |