|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 158|
|High school||St. Albans School, 1963|
|Bachelor's||The George Washington University, 1968|
|Ph.D.||North Carolina State University, 1977|
|Years of service||1968-1971|
Howard earned his B.S. in Zoology from The George Washington University in 1968 and his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from North Carolina State University in 1977. His professional experience includes working as the director of regulatory compliance for Lighthouse Instruments, LLP, as a self-employed consultant, as a founder and senior partner for Analytical Solutions, Inc., as the director of marketing for Reohr Technology Engineering, in sales and support for Nelson Analytical, Inc. and for the Hewlett-Packard Company. He served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971, where he attained the rank of 1st Lieutenant 82nd Airborne.
Howard's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Roger will work to support common sense regulation and repeal excessive and over reaching requirements for businesses."
- Excerpt: "Roger would fight to make Pennsylvania a Right to Work state. Right to Work states have been proven to have higher personal incomes and greater economic growth than their counterparts."
- Excerpt: "Roger would work to end the practice of Prevailing Wage which prices small companies out of bidding for most state contracts."
- Excerpt: "Roger will support measures that curb out-of-control pension spending."
- Excerpt: "Roger will work for real school choice where all families, no matter where they live, have the ability to choose the best educational options for their children. This includes supporting expanded Charter School legislation and tax benefits for families choosing to invest in private education."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Susan Rzucidlo was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Cuyler Walker defeated Roger Howard in the Republican primary. Rzucidlo and Walker will face off in the general election.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 158 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dominic Pileggi Incumbent||69.7%||15,601|
Howard and his wife, Sharon, have five daughters and ten grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roger + Howard + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 158
- Official campaign website
- Roger Howard on Facebook
- Roger Howard on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Pennsylvania Department of State- Official candidate list
- www.roger4pa.com, "Roger’s Abbreviated Resume," accessed May 9, 2014
- www.roger4pa.com, "Issues," accessed May 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Primary," accessed March 11, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Election," accessed March 11, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |