|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 89|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
Kane is an insurance broker for Farmers Insurance.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Banking|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Roger Kane was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kane was unopposed in the general election.
Kane ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 89. Kane defeated Tim Hutchinson, Joey Mcculley, and William G. Pierce in the August 2 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 89 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kane is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kane raised a total of $32,212 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 2, 2013.
|Roger Kane's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 89||$32,212|
|Grand Total Raised||$32,212|
2012Kane won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kane raised a total of $32,212.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Kane's campaign in 2012|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$3,900|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|Robinson Jr, James||$1,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,212|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Kane and his wife have four children. They currently reside in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roger + Kane + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kane, Roger," accessed July 2, 2013
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |