|Iowa House of Representatives District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
On February 22, 2010, Wendt announced that, due to a serious medical condition, he would not be returning for the rest of the 2010 session. Wendt stated that he would not resign his seat, but that he would also not be seeking re-election in the fall.
Wendt works as a school administrator.
He is a member of the American Association of School Administrators, Boys and Girls Home Board, National Educational Association, Phi Delta Kappa, and School Administrators of Iowa.
Wendt did not run for re-election in 2010.
On November 4, 2008, Wendt was re-elected to the 2nd District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Rick Bertrand (R). Wendt raised $82,071 for his campaign, while Bertrand raised $123,381.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 2|
|Roger Wendt (D)||4,709|
|Rick Bertrand (R)||4,429|
In 2008 Wendt collected $82,071 in donations.
His five largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$56,168|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$2,750|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$1,000|
|Great Plains Laborers District Council||$1,000|
- Roger Wendt on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- KCAU TV, "Rep. Roger Wendt Not Returning to Iowa Capitol," February 22, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wendt
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Roger Wendt
|Iowa House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |