|U.S. House, Washington, District 7|
|High school||Long Beach Polytechnic High School|
|J.D.||Hastings College of Law, University of California|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 7th Congressional District
. He lost in the general election.
Bemis is a lawyer. He earned his Bachelor's in Political Science from Willamette University and his law degree from Hastings College of Law at the University of California. While at Willamette, he interned for Oregon House Majority Leader, Les AuCoin.
Bemis listed some main concerns on his website:
- "We need policies that spur growth and investment and reform our complex, inequitable tax code. While programs such as unemployment assistance and food stamps may assist in the short term, in the long run the best social program is having a job, and there are too few. Most Americans want to be both self-reliant and caring, and they don’t aspire to dependency and continuing downward or sideways as has happened on the incumbent’s long watch."
- "Demand accountability and cost-benefits testing for legislation
- Rollback crushing federal debt
- Reform federal taxes
- More affordable, accessible, patient-chosen healthcare"
- See also: Washington's 7th Congressional District elections, 2012
Bemis ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 7th District. He and Jim McDermott (D) advanced past the August 7, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Don Rivers (D), Andrew Hughes (D), Charles Allen (D), Scott Sutherland (R), and Goodspaceguy (Employmentwealth Party). They faced off again in the general election on November 6, 2012. McDermott won.
Breakdown of the source of Bemis' campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Bemis lost an election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Bemis' campaign committee raised a total of $40,956 and spent $40,956.
|U.S. House, Washington District 7, 2012 - Ron Bemis Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Ron Bemis's campaign committee|
|Windermere Real Estate||$2,020
|Crowell & Moring||$1,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Bemis + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Ron Bemis News Feed