|Montana State Senate District 47|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Bradley University, 1955|
|Ph.D.||University of Iowa, 1959|
|Birthday||April 20, 1933|
|Place of birth||Peoria, IL|
Erickson earned his B.S. from Bradley University in 1955. He went on to receive his PhD from the University of Iowa in 1959.
Erickson worked in various research positions for the University of Texas, NATO, from 1958 to 1961. He then worked as Assistant Professor for Canisius College from 1961 to 1965. He went on to be the Director of Environmental Studies for the University of Montana from 1976 to 1984. From 1965 to 1998 he was Professor and Associate Professor for the University of Montana.
Erickson served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2009.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Erickson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Erickson served on these committees:
- Energy and Telecommunications Committee, Montana Senate
- Local Government Committee, Montana Senate
- Taxation Committee, Montana Senate
|Montana State Senate, District 47 (2008)|
|Ron Erickson (D)||9,439|
In 2008, Erickson collected $15,642 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|United Transportation Union||$160|
|Montana Public Employees Association||$160|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ron + Erickson + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Erickson and his wife, Nancy, have two children.
- Ron Erickson's official campaign website
- Ron Erickson's official Montana State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Montana State Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|
Dick Barrett (D)