|Michigan Senate District 21|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
January 1, 2011
Jelinek also served four terms in the Michigan House of Representatives from 2002 to 2006. Jelinek graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural Education from Michigan State in 1967 and his Master's Degree from Western Michigan in 1992. Jelinek is a retired Agricultural Education teacher and currently is a Cattle Farmer.
Key votes of 2009-2010
- Click below to see how this representative voted.
- Super Speedway, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXTEND A SPECIAL TAX PERK for a super speedway.
- Driver Responsibility Fees, Lawmakers voting on whether TO IMPOSE 'driver responsibility fees.'
- Crony Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether TO RESTRICT THE RIGHT of shareholders to sell their own stock.
- Golf Carts, Lawmakers voting on whether TO SUBSIDIZE the production of electric vehicle batteries.
- Home Court Disadvantage, Lawmakers voting on whether TO GIVE MORE TAXING POWER to local government in Kalamazoo so it can finance a taxpayer-subsidized sports arena.
- Mandate Beer Keg Buyer’s Tags, Lawmakers voting on whether TO MANDATE beer keg buyer's tags.
- Remonumentation of State Border, Lawmakers voting on whether to appropriate funds up to $500,000 for remonumentation of the Michigan-Indiana border.
- Fire Safe Cigarettes, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN the sale of cigarettes that are not "fire safe."
- Commission on Spanish-Speaking Affairs, Lawmakers voting on whether TO EXPAND DUTIES of and rename government's Commission on Spanish-Speaking Affairs.
- Balancing Act, Lawmakers voting on a budget to CUT REVENUE SHARING PAYMENTS to local governments as a way to balance the state budget without raising taxes.
- Balancing Act 2, Lawmakers voting on a cut of less than 3 percent to K-12 school aid payments so as to balance the state budget without tax increases.
- A Good Tax Gone Bad?, Lawmakers voting on the Michigan Business Tax.
- It’s From the Children, Lawmakers voting on whether to RAID $90 MILLION from the Michigan Higher Education Student Loan Authority.
- Don’t Blame Canada, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN Canadian trash from Michigan landfills.
- Left Behind, Lawmakers voting on whether TO FINANCE "No Worker Left Behind" with a 59.9 percent increase in general fund spending in the 2009 DELEG budget.
- Politically Correct Capitalism, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE SUBSIDIES for plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 2, Lawmakers voting on whether to GIVE SUBSIDIES for Michigan film production.
- Politically Correct Capitalism 3, Lawmakers voting on whether to INCREASE ELECTRIC CAR SUBSIDIES for a subsidiary of a Korean battery company.
- Grapes of Wrath, Lawmakers voting on whether TO BAN home shipment of beer and wine to Michigan consumers.
- Subsidize Manufacture of Electric Cars, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a refundable Michigan Business Tax credit for makers of plug-in traction battery packs used in electric cars.
- Authorize Special Tax Breaks for Ethanol Gas Stations, Lawmakers voting on whether to authorize a non-refundable Michigan Business Tax credit equal to 30 percent of the costs incurred by a gas station to convert existing pumps and tanks, or acquire new ones that deliver E85 ethanol or biodiesel fuel.
- Presidential Privileges, Lawmakers voting on whether to require state workers to either work on President's Day or take the day off as an unpaid holiday.
Jelinek served on these committees:
Jelinek represented Michigan Senate District 21. District 21 includes Southwestern Michigan and the Benton Harbor/St. Joseph Area.
Jelinek raised $56,011 for his campaign.
|Michigan State Senate, District 21|
|Ron Jelnek (R)||50,182|
|Valerie Janowski (D)||36,078|
In 2006 Ron Jelinek collected $56,011 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||$3,900|
|Michigan Association of Realtors||$2,225|
|Michigan community College Association||$1,200|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$1,138|
Ron is married to Diane Fabian. They have three children and reside in Three Oaks, Michigan.
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Voting record from Michigan Votes
- Senator Jelinek's podcasts and commentary on iTunes
- "Michigan Senate" List of Standing Committees
- "Michigan Senate" Map of Senate Districts
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Michigan
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Election Results - General Election - November 07, 2006," accessed May 30, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Jelinek's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Ron Jelinek
|Michigan State Senate District 21
2003-January 1, 2011
| Succeeded by|