Ron Stephens, Illinois Representative
|Illinois House of Representatives District 102|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Stephens is a pharmacist. He is a member of the American Legion, Chamber of Commerce, Friends of Scouting, Illinois Pharmacist Association, Kiwanis, Lions, Metro-East Pharmacist Association, National Pharmacist Association, Optometrists, Shriners, and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stephens served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Workers' Compensation
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stephens served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Human Services
- Cities & Villages
- Environmental Health
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
On November 30, 2010, Rep Stephens explained his opposition to civil unions legislation in Illinois.
Ron Stephens on Civil Unions
Stephens won re-election to the 102nd District seat against Independent Deena Dailey. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102 (2010)|
|Ron Stephens (R)||26,797||71.32%|
|Deena Dailey (I)||10,776||28.68%|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102 (2008)|
|Ron Stephens (R)||47,232|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 102 (2006)|
|Ron Stephens (D)||30,192|
In 2008, Stephens collected $213,758 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Home Telephone Co.||$8,450|
|37-2 Capital Corp.||$7,550|
|Citizens to Elect Tom Cross||$5,225|
|Emerald Glen Management Corp||$5,130|
On the night of March 15, 2010, Stephens was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage. A breath test by Decatur police showed he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.101 percent. Stephens posted $100 bond and was released.
In response to the incident, Stephens stated, "I exercised poor judgment that evening, and I am truly sorry for my actions. I also regret having disappointed my family, friends and those I represent. I take full responsibility and stand ready to face the consequences of my actions."
On May 11, Stephens pleaded guilty to DUI, was sentenced to one year supervision and has to pay $1,410 in fees and court costs. Additionally he was ordered to refrain from drinking for one year and his drivers license was suspended from April 30 to October 30.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Ron Stephens (R) 102nd District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- St. Louis Today, "Illinois Rep. Ron Stephens to resign, cites redistricting," August 2, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Stephens
- "Ron Stephens on Civil Unions," Illinois Statehouse News, November 30, 2010
- Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Stephens Campaign Donors
- Herald Review, "State Rep. Stephens of Greenville ticketed in Decatur for alleged DUI," March 17, 2010
- Herald Review, "State Rep. Stephens of Greenville pleads guilty to DUI," May 12, 2010
|Illinois House of Representatives District 102
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |