|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Travis is an insurance agent operating five offices in Eastern Tennessee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Travis served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Insurance and Banking|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Ron Travis will face Jim Cobb in the Republican primary.
Travis ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31. Travis defeated incumbent Jim Cobb in the August 2 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jim Cobb Incumbent||49.4%||4,255|
Comprehensive donor information for Travis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Travis raised a total of $73,338 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Ron Travis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 31||$73,338|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,338|
2012Travis won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Travis raised a total of $73,338.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Travis's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|Swafford, Samuel L||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$73,338|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Travis and his wife, Laura, have two children. They currently reside in Dayton, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Travis + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- New Orleans Times Picayune, "Close races defeat 2 more incumbent lawmakers," August 3, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Travis, Ron," accessed June 28, 2013
Jim Cobb (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |