|U.S. House, California, District 48|
|Bachelor's||California State University, Fullerton|
|Master's||California State University, Fullerton|
|Birthday||November 1, 1964|
|Place of birth||San Francisco, CA|
|Profession||Engineer/Small Business Owner|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 48th Congressional District
. He lost in the general election.
- See also: California's 48th Congressional District elections, 2012
Varasteh ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 48th District. He and district 46 incumbent Dana Rohrabacher (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Alan Schlar (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Rohrabacher won.
Breakdown of the source of Varasteh's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Varasteh did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Varasteh's campaign committee raised a total of $158,255 and spent $75,073.
|U.S. House, California District 48, 2012 - Ron Varasteh Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Ron Varasteh's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Varasteh + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ron Varasteh News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Ron Varasteh 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013