|New York State Assembly District 106|
|1989 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Fordham College, 1965|
|J.D.||Fordham University School of Law, 1968|
|Place of birth||Cohoes, NY|
His political experiences also include chair of Cohoes Democratic Committee; mayor for the City of Cohoes; and deputy majority leader for the New York State Assembly.
Canestrari earned his B.S. from Fordham College and his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. His professional experience includes being enlisted in the United States Army; attorney for the Federal Government; and an attorney for the United States Army.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Canestrari served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Canestrari served on the following committees:
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Canestrari ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. His is unopposed in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 106 2010|
|Ronald Canestrari (D)||26,583|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Canestrari won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 106. He ran unopposed.
Canestrari raised $214,335 for his campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 106 2008|
|Ronald Canestrari (D)||37,952|
In 2010, Canestrari received $163,172 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Canestrari's campaign in 2010|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
|New York State Funeral Directors Association||$3,500|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,000|
|State Street Associates||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$163,172|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ronald + Canestrari + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Ronald Canestrari," accessed December 24, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|New York Assembly District 106
| Succeeded by|
Didi Barrett (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |